Arbor Heights 9-Unit Townhome
Project Status Report
June 16, 2023
Overall Status: Green
Project Name: Arbor Heights Townhome
Project Team: Frank Martin, Erin Cassidy, Kevin Proefrock
Principals: Eugene Sak, Frank Martin
Project Update: Progress continues onsite with the West Building commencing on interior finishes (cabinetry, flooring, etc.) with the Middle and East Building following closely behind. We have hit a few snags with the City of Seattle, but hoping to have them wrapped up by the third week of June placing us on the path to get the site rolling by the end of the month.
Status Code Legend
● On Track: Project is on schedule
● At Risk: Milestones missed but date intact
● Off Track: Date will be missed if action is not taken
Activity – Period Ending 6/16/23
● Siding has largely wrapped up, however we ran short on metal siding and had to reorder.
● Painting has begun on the exterior hardie panels. Cedar and Metal siding was installed prefinished
● Field measurements took place for steel parapet railings on the west building, canopies for all buildings and interior rails where required. Parapets for Middle and East will follow when brackets are complete on the roof decks
● Site storage/staging cleared on the 100th street elevation in preparation for SIP work.
● West building wrapped up drywall – hang, tape, mud, sand, texture and PVA primed
● West building painting (first phase) wrapped up with two ceiling coats, one wall coat
● West building wrapped up cabinetry – supply and installation
● West Building – Flooring installation has commenced
● Middle Building – Pre-Drywall wrapped up. Drywall hanging has completed in the middle building.
● East Building – Pre-Drywall is underway as well as interior soffit construction
● SIP – STREET IMPROVEMENT PERMIT (SIP) – Appx. 3 Weeks from Issuance
● Civil work is due to get underway this month and is the first piece to go on this.
● Site preparation for street restoration to follow Civil Work – Timeline TBD (above dependent)
● Working with SDOT on SIP permit revisions.
● Municipal bond required and is in process
● SPU Water Meter installation permits have gone back and forth a bit as we had to resubmit. New layout approved and additional fees will be levied.
Upcoming Activity Preview (June/July 2023)
● Exteriors will completely wrap this month
● West Building Finishes will continue – Countertops, Tile, Showers, Plumbing and Electrical Trim
● Middle Building – Drywall will wrap up, Paint, Cabinetry Installation
● East Building – Pre-Drywall to wrap up, soffit construction to wrap up, remaining inspections, & insulation
● SIP to get rolling
● Dirt Work Contract executed
● Electrical Engineering contract executed
● Architect contract executed as consultant for life of the project
● Concrete contract executed
● Plumbing contract executed
● Mechanical contract executed
● Fire Sprinkler contract executed
● Siding Contract executed
● Wood and Metal Siding Sourcing – complete (product onsite)
● Roofing contract executed
● Exterior Doors delivered to the site
● Cabinetry contract executed
● Countertops – bid selected, working through contract
● Drywall – contract executed
● Steel (Guardrails, Handrails, Canopies) – contract executed
Change Order Log (Full Summary on File):
● CO# 1 – Permit renewal fees & plumbing and mechanical design fees
● CO # 2 – Concrete material increase, Framing labor increase, Sub Slab Insulation Increase (change of design)
● CO # 3 – Concrete waterproofing
● CO # 4 – Pending review – concrete, lumber and structural hardware price increases